Tuesday, October 03, 2006

More from Llangarmon

As I write, the dawn is breaking over the Towy valley. The birds are singing, the sky is still blue, except in Carmarthen, where it rains almost all year long, and the dew is wet upon the ground. Mostly because dew is wet. I can see the gilded weathercock on the church tower, as well as the iron pinnacles on the chapels which surround it, like a hostile army investing a city.

My son-in-law, Bob Rule, is whistling, as he makes coffee and waits for his wife to return with a couple of rabbits. Lady Arcos is not yet awake, and will not be until almost noon. The dear child does not like mornings, and as she no longer has to get up before about eleven, she doesn't.

But now I have to go. I've noticed my daughter stalking the milkman.

5 Comments:

Blogger Zack said...

Lovely view. Do you ever go to the other side and take an opposing picture?

What does your daughter do with the milkmen she's allowed to catch?

2:39 pm  
Blogger The Green Man said...

We can't, apparently the carema won't work over there.

And Scarlett lets them go after biting and scratching them.

10:05 pm  
Blogger The Girl in Grey said...

Why not send her after the rabbits? At least that way she's useful. Unlike my sister, who just sits around being untidy. Which is nothing compared to my cousin, who sits around being bad-tempered. Aren't families wonderful?

11:15 am  
Blogger The Green Man said...

She was the one returning with the rabbits, lassie.

10:27 pm  
Blogger The Girl in Grey said...

Aha! Sorry for the confusion. I plead being blonde.

8:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home