Saturday, November 18, 2006

Taking a Break

We're taking a break from looking at the HMI report into Pudding Norton College, partly because it's Saturday, and I'm sat in my study looking out over the park. I can see the jaguar chasing a couple of tresspassers, and the gardeners are digging something that looks suspiciously like a grave in the garden. My wife is playing the piano downstairs, and my valet is mixing drinks. In short, the manor house is at peace and normality reigns. Even the decaying bodies swinging from the gallows oak look happy.

We await news of the battle that toook place between the lads of the village and the mercenaries hird by Pudding Norton College, but I expect the rocket-launchers our side were equipped with took them by surprise. And, from the smoke rising from the direction of the village green, I expect they're buring the young witches they apprehended a few weeks ago. I think it was about the end of October. Apparently they were going from door to door demanding provisions and threatening to curse people if they didn't get them.

As I said, all's normal here. Apparently the local Presbyterian Minister is rallying a mob to burn the nearest Roman Catholic Church, because they protested at the traditional burning of an effigy of the Pope on November 5th. It used to be filled with cats, but I put a stop to that on the grounds of animal cruelty. So now the locals kidnap someone they don't likje and put him inside the effigy instead. Or the Green Man supplies someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home